Thread: What's going on with the union at NetJets?

Packrat , 12-23-2014 10:51 AM
Banned
Packrat
Banned
close
  • Joined APC
    Nov 2013
  • Position
    7th green
Quote: Isn't that a technicality? As soon as the "last pilot" on the recall list is reached and either turns down or accepts the position, the next pilot up the list is now the "most junior" pilot on the recall list.
That's kind of what it looks like to me, too. If you go through the furlough list from top to bottom and everyone passes, the bottom 20 guys who passed would lose their recall rights.

If you then go bottom up and they still bypass, each and every guy becomes the bottom guy and liable to elimination. I guess you could make the argument that each and every guy should get a personal call and given his "last and final" option to come back.

Quote: This is my take. The guys on furlough who didn't take the first classes they were offered would like the re-call to be drug out as long as possible. The company and the union would like it to be done with in a reasonable amount of time.
Of course, that's business.

Quote: The current plan has been talked about for maybe 6 months. Even then, the final method only just became fact....This has put people in between a rock and a hard place. They cannot come back right now and, therefore, lose their number. I guess it falls under the heading of "life is not fair".
If I had seen the requirements for pilots spooling up last summer and I was on furlough, I'd be winding things up if I wanted to come back.

Quote: NJASAP has had 5 years to be ready for this recall..... Plus plenty of furloughed guys mentioned stuff like this only to be told..."we will deal with it when it comes, recall is a long way off"
Thus the lesson...Make sure you vote for representatives who take their Union job seriously.