View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 01:54 PM
Rsv4lyfe
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2013

Originally Posted by OscartheGrouch View Post
Got the memo Burton. Looking forward to an approved light weight jacket. No comparison to the flight suit needed. When you strap your behind in to a rocket it better be comfortable. Sorry if I came off harsh.

I recently flew with an FO who came from another carrier. Had to endure how smart he was because he wasn't willing to pay for an approved leather jacket. The one he had was barely acceptable. Wanted to pour gasoline on myself and light a match.....he was sooooo smart.

Discussion with the CP was based on my observations recently. One of our pilots with a jacket that was more of a robe. A trip to the hotel with an FO with a Lands End jacket on. Lose the tie at least so I won't have to keep from saying something. The leather jacket is much more useful than the blazer. Had to carry the London Fog overcoat if the weather was bad back in the old days.

Just pointing out that the uniform standards are what they are. For some, it is all about being comfortable. Again, I really don't care about your comfort. Frankly, I wear the tie all day and don't feel uncomfortable at all. Yes if your wondering, I even wear the Hat The horror! I wear the hat because it bothers some people. I am all about making those people squirm. They know who they are.

The Oscar

Can we please get back to the topic.
Who's the leather jacket vendor?