View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 05:33 PM
FNGforever
On Reserve

Joined APC: Mar 2013
Position: Low, Slow, FO

I interviewed last January and was turned down. I can re-apply in January. I have been reading this and other threads and it sounds like my next opportunity may be very soon. I don't know what I did that sunk me, and I really want to make a better impression if I get another shot. I have a lot of military buddies at SWA and every one of them told me that it was mine to lose when I got the interview. Obviously, I did or said something the interviewers did not like. After my retirement from active duty, I flew for a regional for about 13 months and then took a job as an instructor for a well-known Part 142 school near my home in Texas. When asked why I left the regional, I truthfully said that part of the reason was because my daughter's health had declined and I felt I needed to be closer to home and more accessible. Since then, that aspect of my life has cleared up significantly and I really want to get back in the cockpit. Can any of y'all give me some insight or advice in case I get another interview? I really want to fly for SWA.