View Single Post
Old 12-23-2014, 09:48 PM
e6bpilot
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2013

Originally Posted by FNGforever View Post
I interviewed last January and was turned down. I can re-apply in January. I have been reading this and other threads and it sounds like my next opportunity may be very soon. I don't know what I did that sunk me, and I really want to make a better impression if I get another shot. I have a lot of military buddies at SWA and every one of them told me that it was mine to lose when I got the interview. Obviously, I did or said something the interviewers did not like. After my retirement from active duty, I flew for a regional for about 13 months and then took a job as an instructor for a well-known Part 142 school near my home in Texas. When asked why I left the regional, I truthfully said that part of the reason was because my daughter's health had declined and I felt I needed to be closer to home and more accessible. Since then, that aspect of my life has cleared up significantly and I really want to get back in the cockpit. Can any of y'all give me some insight or advice in case I get another interview? I really want to fly for SWA.
Serious question -
Have you done an interview prep course? I couldn't have passed an airline interview if I hadn't. I used Emerald Coast. There are others that are also really good. If you haven't done one, you are severely hurting your chances.
As much as we all like to think we are "the one", you have three hours to convince a few people. Interview prep gives you the tools to make that happen.