View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 06:08 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by JoeMerchant View Post
I have a plan B and I still fear losing my job. It simply isn't as bad a job as you make it out to be. That's why all these carriers end up voting to live another day... Just as you did with your concessions in 2008. Fear plus carrots equal a passing vote... Plan B not withstanding...
I'm not making it out to be bad. All jobs have their pros and cons. And of course things are different when your company is actually losing money. But what I'm talking about is what's happened at the AA wholly owned carriers and our concessionary TA. Let me put it this way, how would you vote if you didn't need to the money and you wouldn't lose your job? I bet you would vote on your convictions. Well, a plan B gives you that option. If our company is making money AND you have a plan B, choices would be different for the vast majority.

Originally Posted by AtlCSIP View Post
I have a plan be as well. It would pay double what this job pays. This job is better (QOL. It's not all about the money), which makes the choice difficult. I like my job, and barring a call from Delta, would like to continue doing it, although not enough to vote for a pay cut.
And I wholeheartedly agree on all points. Especially on it not being all about the money. I feel that we are all fine doing this job for the compensation and work rules we have now. But we rather not do it by voting in pay cuts.