View Single Post
Old 12-27-2014, 09:35 AM
Galaxydriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2011
Position: 757/767 FO

Originally Posted by Tango 6 View Post
Going back to ALPA? Wow that is the way fwd. The teamsters seem to be in bed with the company. I think its our only chance of having a good contract. I cant think of any contract that the teamsters have helped an airline with that is industry leading. We are supporting the lot of airlines in this airline division. Being the little dog on the block would definately be to our advantage.
Seriously, or are you just trolling? Without commenting on Teamsters vs. ALPA, you have to look at where we are and the upcoming timeline. After the bruising election we just had, you really think there is time for all that would be necessary for a switch and another officer election? What kind of solidarity do you think we'd have at the end of that?

BTW, who are you saying is in bed with the company? IBT (above the airline division) or your elected representatives? Do you think your elected reps would change in a switch? My guess is the same people would run and the results would be similar.

Are you on a committee or just sniping from the sidelines? Now is the time to build on some of our recent solidarity gains, not try and tear it apart.