Thread: UPS info
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2014, 06:14 PM
whalesurfer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2013

Originally Posted by Jetjok View Post
Seriously, I'm not trying to denigrate UPS, just wondering what makes some guys tick.
Is it possible we're all different? That we deal with setbacks in different ways? Maybe there's no right or wrong way? You know, half-full versus half-empty perceptions? Do all fedex guys/gals think alike?? It's a serious question. Do they?

You said you aren't trying to denigrate ups but is that an honest statement? :-)
After all, you spent some 2 milliseconds of your career at ups and then left for fdx. Which is awesome for you, and i mean that sincerely. ..except you never truly left.
You've been lingering here and posting about ups for years, even AFTER you medical'ed out/retired.

Yeah, yeah, I know, you've stayed in touch with your friends here, etc., etc...
I just don't get it when our guys lecture your company or union on the alleged 757 B-scale, etc... I really don't get it, think we should all stick together.
Likewise I don't understand why you can't leave your ultra-short ups past behind you and leave the hating of our company to us? We're plenty good at that ourselves. ..and we're pretty vocal about our disgust for the way things are, wouldn't you say?

Obviously you can do as you please and maybe your criticism is helpful? Who knows...
Wish you the best in your retirement and a speedy recovery from your heart issues (I mean that).

Just wish there was more of an objective perspective here, you know, ideas, suggestions, something we could all use. "This is what works here and this is what's better there"... Sort of like fedelta used to post having experienced fedex and delta.

Personally I wish there was a Cargo CAPA or an organization where the best brains of FDX's ALPA, UPS' IPA and other cargo carrier's unions would get together to come up with a plan for our future.

In my admittedly biased view I believe your question should say:
Originally Posted by neverleftbrownjetjok ;) View Post
Seriously, I'm not trying to denigrate [my company] UPS, just wondering what makes some [of us] tick. [Yes, my retirement check says fedex on it BUT my heart belongs to ups. Not because I love them but because they ripped my heart out and the bast@&ds kept it. lol]