View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 01:06 PM
Southern Fried
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2005

Originally Posted by PeezDog View Post
... First off, ExpressJet Airlines is a WHOLLY OWNED subsidiary of Skywest Inc. So, just like American did to Eagle, they can shrink us and transfer flying to Skywest Airlines, or allow contracts to expire, then rebid for them, and be awarded the flying, to Skywest Airlines. And lets not forget all the airplanes they have on order. All of which are currently going to Skywest Airlines. Its a fact that they are already doing it. So, since we can easily be whipsawed against the cheaper Skywest pilots, which is also something they are already doing, ...
Someone please explain to me how Expressjet and Skywest Airlines are not in the same situation that Mesa and Freedom Airlines was in several years ago. Anyone on these boards that was here during that time should know what I'm talking about.

Expressjet = Mesa

Skywest = Freedom

Mesa/Expressjet were/are being whipsawed by the corporate parent during contract negotiations. Mesa pilots stopped the whipsaw by bringing the Freedom pilots onto the Mesa seniority list as a part of the TA that was voted in by the Mesa pilots.

Am I the only one who has noticed the similarity? I may have missed it, but I have yet to read any post on any message board that has brought this to light.