View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:25 PM
SVA402
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2008

Originally Posted by BugZmasher View Post
Why are most people leaving? Because for the past two years things have been presented as roses on this board. The real problems with the contract have never been explained. Prospective new hires need to actually understand the reality of working here (good and bad) before they start or else they'll just continue to leave. People deserve to understand the contract they are agreeing to before they agree to it. Or do we have to pass the bill to find out what's in it?
I would say the contract absolutely needs improvement. However in my eyes the main reasons people are leaving are:

-Long-term pay at a Legacy vs. Atlas

-Retirement (just matching here vs. fairly high direct 401k contribution at others)

-Schedule flexibility. (no trading/dropping, only picking up open time. No possible way to modify your schedule after it's awarded. Plus some vacation and training scheduling issues.)

-People that are "stuck." Many 767 pilots that are senior to 747 pilots but are seat-locked are losing lots of pay. Also ANC 747 is the junior base on that side and people lose days off trying to get up there and back for multiple trips(contrary to popular belief, most trips are NOT 17 day lines).

Again, there are a great deal of little contractual issues that all add up, but overall I think those are the main reasons you are seeing people leave.