View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:39 PM
Nevets
Banned

Joined APC: Dec 2007
Position: EMB 145 CPT

Originally Posted by PeezDog View Post
The only reason I'm responding to a Nevets post is because I worry about my fellow pilots getting bad information from this guy. First off, ExpressJet Airlines is a WHOLLY OWNED subsidiary of Skywest Inc. So, just like American did to Eagle, they can shrink us and transfer flying to Skywest Airlines, or allow contracts to expire, then rebid for them, and be awarded the flying, to Skywest Airlines. And lets not forget all the airplanes they have on order. All of which are currently going to Skywest Airlines. Its a fact that they are already doing it. So, since we can easily be whipsawed against the cheaper Skywest pilots, which is also something they are already doing, we don't have the leverage that Nevets believes we do. Just look at our current situation and you'll see this is fact. While they probably couldn't get us a flow agreement, they can do exactly what they did to Envoy.

And to believe that Skywest airlines doesn't have some control over our career progression is very naive. Again, look at our current situation, and the flying that we were not awarded, our stagnation, and a growing Skywest. While its obviously true that the flying is awarded from the majors, Skywest still has control over where those planes go. If we have the "leverage" Nevets claims we have, then why was our TA so ****ty? Why are we shrinking? The ONLY thing they have to offer us is a "competitive" contract. In my opinion, that means basically the same TA as before with a signing bonus, and planes from Skywest. If we don't take it, I would expect us to be turned into an Envoy, Endeavor, or worse, a Comair. Which is already happening. So please, don't listen to the Nevets of the world, who live in some fairy tail la la land, otherwise you're in for a lot of disappointment.

This is nothing new. I've been saying this about Skywest all along, ever since the xjt MEC rolled over on scope. And they are doing exactly what they said they would do, park the airplanes and let CPAs expire. This is precisely why I'm saying to have a plan B! Having a viable plan b is the only leverage you will have. But go ahead and just do nothing instead.