View Single Post
Old 12-29-2014, 02:50 PM
JerrySpringer
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2006
Position: 747RJ

Originally Posted by Globemaster2827 View Post
I'll bite...

1. Retirement is about 1/3rd of an industry standard contract.
2. Hourly pay rate is about 75-80% of industry standard.
3. Due to work rules you'll probably only log 80% of the credit hours you would with an industry standard contract.
4. Vacation, getting sick, and even having to take a checkride will all mean that you get guarantee that month.... Guarantee is about 75-80% of industry standard (62 hours).
5. You only get 14 days of vacation a year which is probably half industry standard... Or less.
6. Given that you leave out and are gone for 17 days you'll spend more time at work then you will at a Legacy or Southwest.
7. Unlimited schedule changes will reduce your pay by probably 5%... Possibly more.
8. Profit sharing excludes more than half of the profit. This means that our profit sharing is probably worth about 40% of an industry standard profit sharing - many years much less. Last year my profit sharing was $500.

Given all of that I figure that Atlas pays 60% of what you're paid at a job that people are leaving here for meaning American, Delta, United, Southwest, UPS, or FedEx. While getting compensated at a FAR less rate you'll certainly spend much more time at work. I love Atlas and it's a great place to work but much like they've got a business to run, I have a family to worry about.
Accurate and well put.

No matter what the loyalist may say, that post is a dot on assessment of the state of things.