View Single Post
Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 AM
bruhaha
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2006

Congrats on making it out onto the line. I hope IOE is going well for you.

If anything, on ground freq in ORD, if you can't muster a readback, just mumble roger. Often times it just too busy to readback and they just want you to follow the plane in front of you.

You'll discover that it's usually the same taxi route to each runway, the captains know how to get there.

If you call for taxi on metering, roger and switch over to ground right away, usually ground is already snapping taxi instructions out to you.

Originally Posted by kfahmi View Post
Fortunately I made a lot of dumb noob mistakes in the sim, so I hopefully won't make them online. Such as...one day before engine start in the sim, I looked at the ADG handle and thought that it was merely a cover for the real handle, which I assumed would be something like the emer gear extension handle. I pulled up on what I thought was the cover plate for the ADG handle, and thunk! The ADG deployed. Good thing I figured that out in the sim and not in the real airplane...
At least you did it in the sim, I pulled it in the airplane, and clunk it comes right out and it sounds like a john deere lawnmower inside the flight deck. Makes it hard to hear the radios or talk to the other guy over the intercom.