Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 09:26 AM
rvr1800
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2008

Originally Posted by rightside02 View Post
I agree , they loose great candidates because of the hiring process here . Sure they are trying to weed out guys who will bail right away, but there are those that would stay.... When the hiring grows more than it already is, I think they'll realize they may need to pick up the pace.
I hate to complain about the hiring process here because I slipped through the cracks and was hired. But the phase 2 process at Jetblue should be changed. I've never heard of any airline with a similar process. This is my fourth airline and our hiring process is by far the worst. They do a great job of picking the correct candidates it's just the process itself. Putting guys into phase 2 for months and then telling them they're not current enough so please reapply, or better yet go fly for a regional for a little bit! Come on, that's ridiculous. The pilot hiring committee needs to meet at least twice a month and then make the decision whether to hire or not. Not this process of the interviewers passing a candidate to phase 2 for months on end only for the PHC to decide they don't want to hire that candidate. Many falsely believe that getting to phase 2 is the final decision unless you hid something in your background. That's simply not true. While it is the case MOST of the the time it's not always.

I've complained about this to many recruiters that I've flown with. While I know they have increased the communication to candidates during phase 2 it has not fixed the main problem.