View Single Post
Old 01-03-2015, 04:37 PM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Wait until Monday, call the Chief Pilot support center, fax them the summons, they will let you out of all the reserve days you need to be on jury duty, on time. The schedulers are idiots and have zero say in our rules. Most of them don't even Know our rules.

I won't even talk to them when I have an issue, instead, I call MY BOSS, the Chief pilot, let him work it out with those morons in scheduling.
Thanks, that is exactly what I will do.

Originally Posted by DeadHead View Post
On a side note you can call the court offices and ask to have your juror duty days moved. I'm not sure how your state is, but they were more than willing to adjust my assigned jury duty days.

Each state is different though.
I already got it moved once. At least this time it hit when although on reserve, the company really doesn't need me due to the NYC 717 ramp-up. This is really a better time than any other to get it over with. Most lawyers don't want ex-fighter pilots on the jury anyway; too little sympathy for idiots who sue just because they can, and way too willing to hand out maximum punishments for those who deserve them.