Thread: Ups 2015
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 07:07 AM
MasterCaution
On Reserve

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: Whale Herder
Default Ups 2015

As a long time lurker and mostly non-poster here; I'am starting another year here at UPS in 2015 as an IPA pilot with the same seniority of a new hire. After waiting 9yrs at UPS to move up and out of the bottom 300 I continually ask myself when is enough, enough in this abusive relationship?

To post any of this on the IPA back slapping Bar n Grill of the same 25 captains would be considered excommunication. But, no I'am not a manager, just an extremely frustrated IPA F/O.

UPS management continually fails to address and answer the following. How many more friends will I lose to fatigue, battery fires or poor training in the coming year? What future is there here with a corrosive management culture who trains every ground bound worker to hate every airborne co-worker. When will we, if ever grow and modernize the airline?

Although I would love things to improve and turn around here at UPS in 2015, it seems to me.......it is just so much wishful thinking. The IPA has no teeth and is a lame duck proven by the perfect 2014 peak that was just pulled off by UPS.

So here is my take on what to expect in 2015. At best the continuing slow erosion of seniority, worse schedules and more new-hire managers.

Contract talks continue.....TA in sight by early 2016, but only when UPS wants something and a industry non-leading contract of 3% raise is floated about. IPA EB strongly recommends same toothless contract language in which a proverbial 747 can be flown thru.

If the Economy improves in the slightest in early 2015....."I think many here of the bottom 300 have had enough"......and bottom 300 lucky few with at least 15yrs of flying on the clock start mass exodus back to "non-trucking airlines."

Double Breasted UPS operation continues with Non-union Mangler pilots who surpass 300-400 while IPA can't even defend basic definition of a union.

Alaska ANC base closed and international operations given over to Supply-Chain-Solutions. "AKA...Kalitta, Atlas, Cathay etc...."

MD-11 fleet shrinks by half and is recalled to Domestic due to lack of maintenance and available spares.

747 fleet grounds itself due to deferred maintenance, and is not needed anyways thanks to SCS.

Union pilot list shrinks to 1,900. The 109 rallying cry, becomes just another number.

85% of next day air flights and 75% of 2nd day air flights continue on-time.......