View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Banzai
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2014

Originally Posted by sailingfun View Post
By the way, instead of listening to forum drivel on MSP you can go to the crew resources JAN newsletter and read about the plans for the base from the people who are truly in the know.
But what would I do without forum drivel to fill the empty parts of my cranium while I think about this? Of course you're correct though. And I'm sorry if I've started a discussion prying into things that aren't for the internet.

Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
Do you think I've always been this senior? Pull your head out.

My first base was MIA, and my Guard unit was in New Hampshire. I was a reserve 727 Engineer. Delta didn't allow us to ride on our own jumpseats back then, and we only got one pass, total, for our entire first year. I had to get very creative to be based in MIA for a year, and commute to NH every month, with no Jumpseat, and no passes.

In my 29+ years at Delta, I've been commuting for all but 10 of them, and those 10 years I lived in base were 1986-1996. I was a mid seniority 757 F/O in 1996 when Delta closed BOS, and I've been commuting since then.

Commuting today is SO MUCH EASIER than it was in 1985....I've already forgotten more about commuting than you will ever know.
Let's all be friends. I've been having a lot of fun, and learning a lot on this thread. Everyone's inputs have been greatly appreciated. Time is, figuratively, screaming towards a major life decision, and I'm just trying to mine every resource for information. This is one, and your comments were very helpful.