Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 11:45 AM
Lobaeux
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Dec 2009
Position: Airplane

Originally Posted by JoeyMeatballs View Post
I don't know. I'm 34, #72x and every now and again "think" about applying elsewhere. Not because I want too necessarily,but because a lot of people seem to believe the legacies are like winning the lottery now a days. It very well may be true, I dunno. Sometimes I ask myself why I wanna stay here and for a split second I think maybe I'm settling but then I think about how much im home with my daughter, the time off and schedule flexibility in the summer and the guys I work with and I really don't want to go elsewhere. I want this place to get better and I want more money but I'm not sure leaving here for more money is the right decision. The pay rates are fantastic on the 75/6 over at the legacies but the thought of doing the Atlantic stuff (talk about red eyes) makes me ill, lol.

Anyway, if the next contract is a big disappoint I'll still have 30 years left to go chase that legacy job.......

Of course the time off, schedule flexibility and crews at the legacies are great as well and will probably get better but if I'm going there to chase the money I'd probably always chase the bigger airplane and not be home as much, unfortunately there really isn't an easy answer.
To this, I agree. It's a big question. I turned down a class date from JetBlue and interview opportunities at Southwest and US Airways for Spirit. Not saying the legacies are looking for a guy like me, but it's really hard to not wonder if the grass is greener on the other side of the fence.
I've got a really good gig going here, a little more than 20+ years left in this biz, so the question is there.
I'm really thinking it's going to take a good contract to keep a lot of guys here.