Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2015, 04:42 PM
Normann
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2008
Position: 320*****

Originally Posted by SG1159 View Post
Lol- I'm not hiding anything- and even pointed out already that I don't disagree with what you said. LIKE I SAID- I just don't think a public forum is the place for you to post YOUR experience, if it makes it sound like ANY of our captains left with an open write-up. There are many people that view these forums thAt can take that kind of statement the wrong way. From the general flying public, to some high school kid writing a paper.

Be offended all you want. I am VERY thankful for the NK pilots that walked that line- good for you- COMPLETELY IRRELAVENT to my point.

I started airline flying 20 years ago- and the ONE thing I know is; it's no fun to fly with a whiner. Hence the "free to leave comment." I didn't mean it quite as harshly as you took it. I just hate flying with people that complain, and do nothing to fix the problem.
I will give you that perhaps talking about the... errrr... mx practices of other pilots... I guess I could have saved that. Than again, may be idiots do not deserve to be saved. They will get the Darwin award eventually.

So how do you fix the problem? What do you do to fix the problem? I am not fighting you but seriously, what do you do? I have sent my share of e-mails, ASAPs, and Safety Reports over the years. Most the time you end up with a retarded reply. After a while you stop sending them.

I hate myself complaining. But what do you want me to do when I walk into another filthy cockpit? What should I say? "Look at this cockpit dude!... It is filthy. Sweet! Yay! Upgrade is 2.5 years!"

IT is a disaster. Should I be happy about that? It has been a disaster ever since I have been here. I can't do basic stuff. E-mails are overflowing all the time. Sweet isn't it? Meanwhile I am doing video conference with my nieces and nephews who are on the other side of the Atlantic. It is the 21st century but we still have a size limit on our e-mail boxes. Google gives you what? 2 gig?

CP does not return calls and he does not reply to e-mails. Is that normal? Same goes for HR, Travel Department, ... you name it.

I show up for my trip and my Jepp update is not in my folder. The only reason I knew there was one because my FO told me. I ask the intern she says they ran out. Last time this happened the FAA gave me a letter of warning. They handed out some 30-40 that morning. I end up arguing with her for 5 minutes and she takes a set out from another pilot's V file. Wow... I guess.... I got to go. So I take it. I do the update and I leave. But WOW.

MX is not really bad. Not at the moment. Planes are not flying with 20 DMIs like they used to. Dealing with MOC is a real problem though, especially when B team's shift is on. Documentation issues are ongoing. Recently we have not even had a major MX related meltdown like the fueling meltdown or the seats meltdown. Were you here for those? Was it fun? Was it something that an intelligent, forward looking, proactive management could have easily avoided? Well... did we avoid those? I guess the fueling issue was being addressed but it was too late. We all had to apologize on every leg for weeks to the passengers. It gets to you.

I dunno bro... I agree it is not fun to fly with someone who is not upbeat. Hard to stay upbeat when you have to spend time questioning the support system that should be in place to help you doing your job.
It is stressful to say the least. Having said that I don't think I am on anyone's no fly. For now...

I ran this one through Word. Hope I get a B- at least.

Last edited by Normann; 01-04-2015 at 05:19 PM.