Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2015, 07:25 PM
SilverBullet
Line Holder

Joined APC: Jan 2015

Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Salukipilot4590, I am going to assume you are a SIU alumi like myself? I graduated from SIU in 1992 with a B.S. in Aviation Management. I was a flight instructor CFII, MEI for about 4 years before leaving the industry to run the family business for the last 20 years. I have flown on and off for pleasure over this time and currently have 2,000 TT and 430 ME.

I have been seriously considering getting back into aviation to fulfill my dream of being a professional pilot. Maybe I am going thru a mid-life crisis but was wondering what you thought of Silver Airways as a starting point to getting back into flying. I live in Ocala, Florida so it would be the most convenient regional to commute too starting out while getting back into flying more complex aircraft before jumping into a CRJ job.

My concern is that I have read a lot of negative comments on this forum about Silver Airways regarding management, customer service, etc. and whether the airline will be around much longer due to it's reputation.

I would appreciate any insight you could give me on the companies future and also whether you think I have a chance of getting hired. My one negative is that I have not flown much in the last 12 months but I recently got my Cirrus SR22 back that I had leased back a couple of years ago so I am just starting to built time again. I am not sure if Silver Airways is a stickler on recency of experience or if that is not a requirement with them?

I forgot to mention I have my ATP as well. Thank you.