View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 07:48 AM
5spot
Line Holder

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by Grumble View Post
If you've been behind those doors, and you're intellectually honest about what we're getting, and what it's costing us not just in money but current capabilities that have to be scraped to free up money.... It's not worth it, not by a country mile.

Hating the player, and fixing the game is slamming the door on the F-35. For the cost of SCIFing up the CVN's and hangars alone to deal with this piece of sh!t, we could buy another air wing worth of Block II (or fund a block III) super hornets.
Not sure you could buy another AIRWING worth of Super Hornets. At the end of the day once you bolt on all of the pieces it has a pretty fat bill associated with it. Will you not be flying the Super Hornet until at least 2030 time frame as it is? Are they not still being built? Look man I LOVE the hornet. It has and continues to be a game changer but we still need to evolve. Like I keep saying the F-35 costs a ton. But at some point the US Military will HAVE to spend the money on something new. No matter what, it will be expensive. The F-35C is meant to compliment an Air Wing, not take it over. I believe the current plan would put 1 F-35C squadron in each Air Wing and by the time the Super Hornet becomes obsolete they will have the F/A-XX ready to go. Besides, the USN continues to throw a **** ton of money at the Super Hornet.

Why don't you engage in debate and not question my "Intellectual Honesty". There is nothing I have said that is "sunshine" pumping. I guess I am giving you a point of view you do not like to hear. But in the end, I'd take the Block II super hornet over the F-35, for the next 5 years. After that, no way.