Thread: Spirit of NKS
View Single Post
Old 01-07-2015, 11:57 AM
otter1
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2011

Originally Posted by StinkyFinger View Post
Alaska's contract is current, ratified in 2013. 2nd yr CA at 170, 12th yr @ 200. JetBlue (they just got 3.5% raises on 1/1/15 btw) are about the exact same.
FO pay at each is about the same.

IF the company approached us and offered that pay, without us having to give up anything, and added some sweetener to the retirement, and offered it within a month or two of our amenable date, are you seriously saying you don't think that's a good deal for us?

What sort of justification can you offer to support the idea that we deserve significantly more than what our two closest competitors have? And yes, I realize we're only talking about a silly rumor (hadn't actually heard that one myself yet). I'll believe it when I have a TA to vote on.

Anyway, I'm a long time lurker and this seemed like a good time to join the fun!
I agree with you, Stinky,

A 4 year Captain at Spirit makes 131/hr while at Alaska it's 174/hr. That's almost a 33% increase.

A 4 year F/O at Spirit makes 84/hr, at Alaska, 108/hr. That's a 29% increase.

In addition, Alaska has an industry standard 12 year pay scale, so you don't have to wait the extra 3 years to get top pay.