Old 01-08-2015, 03:31 AM
R57 relay
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2011
Position: A320 Capt

Originally Posted by fr8tmastr View Post
Well thats kind of vague, I think Inline should be proud of the airline he flew for and tell us. We all came from somewhere. If we knew that information, we might gain some more respect for his calculator, and not think he is just chasing a pay rate and tales of big airplanes to thrill his ex compadres.
Im sure the work rules here are much better than the "other airline", that is why we are here. However, you don't sacrifice those better work rules to chase a shiny nickel. Especially in the best financial times EVER for the airlines.
I guess your point is that inline is biased by his previous experience or lack of. Fair enough, but aren't we all? Your tag line indicates that you were furloughed. Doesn't that affect your POV, and rightly so?

We shouldn't chase the shiney nickel to the exclusion of everything else, but the shiny nickel is why 99.9% of us are here. I don't do this for fun anymore. This decision, like life, is a balance.

I have a friend that is a definite NO voter. He doesn't insult when I raise a point, and acknowledges when I make a good one. I do the same with him, and so his POV is one that I really listen to. He has some great points, with the Obama care provision being one of the best and one of my biggest concerns.

My F/O the other day is truly torn by this. Reading everything possible. He said "I want the money, but I don't want my contract gutted!" I asked him what would change with his lifestyle on the 30th if we voted this in on the 29th. He couldn't answer. I pointed out that his contract started the gutting way before he was hired in '99, starting with the give of our duty rigs in '91 or '92 for Delta's pay rates. Funny, Delta is gold standard now, but following them on the rigs and RJs hasn't worked too well for us!

Let's remove the fear and BS that seems to be flowing from this. Let's look at the facts when we get them, add up the pros and cons and make a decision.