Old 01-08-2015, 04:18 AM
Route66
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Nov 2014

Originally Posted by RoyalsFan1 View Post
I'm a poolie like ghillis and I can honestly say I couldn't agree more with his posts. Extending the contract and giving up any work rules at all is a terrible mistake. I understand that many see these rules as very minor, yet they truly are all that we have left. Our only bargaining power besides scope.

I was one of the last interviews in September and I've seen a disturbing amount of poolies jump ship and go to Delta or United et al. I'd say at least three in our group have decided to go another direction. Many even say that until they are off of probation, they will take any other offer that comes along. The luster of AA just isn't there. And to pay much less money the first year? It's funny how that extra 30-35 bucks would help incredibly but I am starting a 25 year career and fear what it would do to us in the long run regarding work rules.

It's really sad...has AAG factored in the loss of decent recruits and ability to get Tier 1 pilots? I'm excited for the opportunity, of course (freight background, non-regional), but common sense prevails. I hope some are aware that in this job market, QOL will prevail and I'm tired of being away from my family. Option 1 of 40/hour starting pay is not attractive. Option 2 of ~73/hour but a loss in work rules is not attractive. Option 3 of ~73/hr and min calendar day would attract and RETAIN a fantastic amount of new-hires. Don't forget that some Delta guys are crediting 100+ hours a month on easy months...

Anyway just my 2 cents. All of us want AA to be a better place to work. It starts by getting a good contract and good blood.
There are others that will take the job. Good luck with your career.