View Single Post
Old 01-08-2015, 06:18 PM
MarineGrunt
Unfaithfully yours, Hank

Joined APC: Nov 2006
Position: All

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I think it still favors a yes vote, but not by that much. It will be interesting to see what impact the BOD/NC's attitude is in the coming weeks and the final language. If it passes, in 2020 there will be many of the same varied rationalizations for capitulation then as we hear now. AA pilots have a long history of giving in and in 2020 there will be no catharsis or epiphany. The U turn is made here or we go off the cliff.
I don't think a yes vote necessarily means the pilot group will roll over in 2020... Unless we're looking at another 26% raise. That has been an awfully big carrot for most. So if this vote is close, and mgmt doesn't bring something pretty darn shiny to the table, then I'd say we fight em pretty hard in section 6. I was a yes vote, turned into a no, and will be a F-NO in 2020 unless we get the Delta contract or better.

If it passes, the bright side is that Delta will be going for OUR hourly rate in their next contract. Yeah, they have profit sharing, but they will use our rates as the next bar, just as we are using theirs.