View Single Post
Old 01-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Karnak
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jun 2010

Originally Posted by Purple Drank View Post
Yep. ALPA sets goals collectively with the company. Case in point:

So RA and ALPA have the same collective goal. To produce a TA that 50% +1 of the pilots will vote "yes" on.
I think ALPA's goal is to produce a contract that most pilots find acceptable. The percentage of approval is important, but since we haven't experienced a deal that was ratified by only a narrow margin, I'll leave it to you to do the fear mongering of such a thing.

I'd expect that to be RA's goal. I'm astounded that you'd admit that it's also ALPA's goal.
Your astonishment at a "fact" you invented is duly noted.

Shouldn't ALPA's goal be to produce a TA that 100% of the pilots want??
Yes. A worthy goal. But we both know that such a document could be transported to the roadshows by unicorn.

I suppose if I were you, and found myself constantly in the clear minority of ratification votes, I'd seek a villain to blame. It must be ALPA's fault, because there's no way your opinions could EVER be anything other than logical and universally embraced by all pilots.

I look forward to you telling us the 100%-approved pilot group opinion on uniforms, hats, 5-day trips, military vs civilian, the role of seniority on Reserve, and the fairest method for Green Slip assignments.