View Single Post
Old 01-11-2015, 07:20 PM
worldfr8dog
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Sep 2012
Position: Exploring the world, oh yeah and I fly big planes!

Originally Posted by doverby View Post
I've consulted the index, but didn't find this info: during training in Miami, do you have weekends off? Do you have any days off? I've heard references to rare days off. Are they one at a time? Or time to jump seat home for a day or two? Any method to the system? Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I believe they are required to only give you 1 day off in 7 so you can at least count on that and just depends on where you are in the program as to whether you have more than 1 at a time. Example if you are flying the paper tiger, it may not be available on Tues/Wed therefore you get 2 days off in a row.

Jumpseating is risky as now that you are with Atlas, you no longer have a higher priority for the jumpseat like you may have once had especially as a regional pilot (Delta has priority on Delta mainline, then a Delta feeder...so on and so forth, Atlas is on the bottom of that list). If you have 2 days off in a row that is a risky move (in my opinion). Plus the fire hose you get fed from here comes with instructions in 1500's English so you will also lose valuable study time, something to consider. (In other words, our training program is not well organized and you are essentially responsible for your studying on your own a lot)

Mostly you are on probation, not a good way to start off if you can't make it back to class, jumpseat knowing its a very calculated risk to yourself.