View Single Post
Old 01-12-2015, 05:18 AM
BGD011
Line Holder

Joined APC: Aug 2009

Originally Posted by Professor Chaos View Post
I haven't seen an all R1 line in CVG in recent memory. In fact, in the Januray bid package there was only a single CVG R2 line. Oddly enough, I think there have been more CVG R2 lines in the JFK bid packages over the last couple years than in the CVG bid packages.

The vast majority of lines in CVG have at least some Asia flying on them. There are only a handful of "domestic" only lines (by domestic I mean flying the DHL sort nightly), but several 60 day lines are split between Asia and CVG hub flying. Out of approximately 30-34 lines (which seems to have been the average over the past year or so), there are usually only 4-5 reserve lines, and most of those are R2 in TPE or NRT.

Hybrid lines, which have 3-4 days of R2 or sometimes R1 at the beginning or end of the month are also common.

One thing to be aware of on the 767 in CVG, you will be paid off of the trip rig. Our lines do not have enough block hours to break the 62 hour minimum, so you end up getting paid 4.85 hours of credit per 24 hours away from base. In just over 2 years, my highest block hour total in any single month has been 45 hours.
So what type of line could a new hire expect to get in the beginning? After a few months? 6 months? A year?
And, what would you say your average monthly pay credit was in the last 2 yrs? How about days off?