Old 01-13-2015, 01:30 PM
kingsnake2
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2012

Originally Posted by doublerjay View Post
I did my private pilot training thru Palo Alto YEARS ago, (1993-1994ish?). Back then the program had it's own dedicated classroom, Frasca 141 sim, Offices for staff, small private library-study room (quiet place), and book closet. Two Professors teaching, one was part time, and we had a secretary. Flying was contracted by (now defunct and rest in peace) Wright Flyers in C-150/152's. Was a VERY professional program then.

Fast forward about 8-10 years. Went to visit and inquire about some flying and found out most of that was taken over by other school (programs with more $) and nearly the whole program was a one man band working out of the former metioned closet.

That being said, with respect to the college, I do not not know more than that, nor who is running the program. I believe the flying now is done at Stinson by SkySafety, and they look to be a fairly busy school.

I think you are correct in that the GI Bill will only cover a College Accredited Aviation (Flight) program and as far as I know, Palo Alto is currently the only one.

Kingsnake2, any chance you worked at WF at Hondo?
Nope, I never worked at Hondo.