View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 04:35 AM
CargoCan
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2007
Position: MD11FO
Smile

Originally Posted by urge View Post
I think the original poster has a bunch of good questions but he needs to consider how long he will be on Reserves.

How long will you sit on reserves out of Memphis?
How far out are the callouts for a reserve trip? (How much notice)
Is it all Long Call Reserves or do you have short call reserves?

How long to get to another domicile as a reserve or line holder?
Can anyone fill in the blanks here? Thanks!
It is pretty tough to say how long you'll HAVE to sit reserve. We seem to hire in waves. Guys in the front of the wave have to sit reserve for a short time. Guys in the back get stuck on reserve for a while. I emphasize "have" to sit reserve, because upgrading at 100% means more time on reserve.

That being said, Memphis has 2 reserve types. Normal reserve at 1.5 hrs and R24 with 24 hrs. lead-time. From a commuting standpoint sitting normal reserve means a crashpad/car or hotel in Memphis. It doesn't necessarily mean a lot of commutes. There are reserve lines with a single block of R-days for the entire month. You can sit R24 anywhere you want so long as you can be in place within 24 hrs.

As far as getting to another domicile its never been easier Most new hires will be offered CGN or HKG. Pretty sure they both have 3 hr call out for reserve and no R24, but not positive. Someone will certainly correct me if I'm wrong.