View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 07:13 AM
Rocketsurgeon
On Reserve

Joined APC: Aug 2013
Position: Epic LT

Originally Posted by r0cknry View Post
You went through training with a factory rep and didn't think to ask him? What exactly did your training consist of then? That's a pretty capable aircraft, if you don't know basics like airspeeds then you probably shouldn't be flying it yet!
r0cknry, thanks for your response. We went through a lot of systems as you would when learning a new aircraft. However there are very few descriptions on paper as you would see in a typical certified aircraft. Most of the systems knowledge is from taking the cowl off and looking at every line, switch and panel that you have access to as well as a discussion of how they work. This is great to do but 6 months from now I'm not going to remember all of the details. We also went through procedures ad nauseam, again there is very little written down so it's mostly all memory. As far as the airspeeds go I have not seen any documentation at all. The only help here is the airspeed bugs and arcs built into the avionics by the chief pilot as well as being told what the design gear and flap speeds are as well as best glide, Vy, Vx etc.

What I'm looking for is some kind of documentation.