Old 01-14-2015, 07:48 AM
Slick111
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2014

Originally Posted by knobcrk View Post
What they need to do is lower the income gap between regional and mainline. I think a regional ca knows they shouldn't be making 200 bucks an hour flying a 70 seater but at the same time they should be making slightly below the wage of a mainline guy flying a 90 seater like a 190. So about 120 an hour. Same with FOs, the average mainline FOs pay is around 90 to 100 bucks an hour. They should be close to that at least 60 to 70.

Is there any question that ^^^ THIS ^^^^ would, (in very short-order), solve the shortage of pilots for any regional airline adoptin it?

I don't think so. But hey, let's convene a two-day summit at Humpty Diddle to see if we can come up with an idea (other than increasing pay) to solve the problem that WE CREATED!!!!

I snicker at the mental image of these self-important stuffed-shirts attending this conference and craning their necks to avoid seeing that HUGE elephant in the room. "What elephant?? I don't see an elephant!! Who left that big pile of elephant dung on the floor??"