Thread: Silver Airways
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2015, 08:40 AM
Bassman1985
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Apr 2012
Position: E-175 CA

Originally Posted by MichiganFlyer View Post
That is correct. No FMS for now. We are supposed to get them back at some point in the future.
I was there for the first FMS debacle in Januaury 2013. When the entire Saab fleet went /A overnight and dispatch and ATC didn't know *** was going on. I've never said "unable" over the radio more in my life. 3 months later, the first new FMS appeared on the line, but it then became something like finding money on the sidewalk if you actually got a plane that had it installed. And even better if you actually had your flight plan filed with a route for the correct equipment code. In the 5 years I spent at 3M, there were many things that were supposed to happen "at some point in the future," but few if any actually did.

For those considering a job at Silver, unless you are dead set on being based in MCO or FLL, I would advise you to look elsewhere. The one shining spot of that company were the great people I got to work with and the many friends I made, but the overall experience left a very bad taste in my mouth. Between the numerous gross violations of the contract by mgmt, the shoestring-budget operation that forced us to make do with far less than we really needed, and the unending abuses by the scheduling department, I couldn't wait to leave last May. I'm now living a better QOL as a junior reserve at XJT than I was as a senior lineholder at 3M. You can do better, folks.