View Single Post
Old 01-15-2015, 03:18 AM
Packrat
Banned

Joined APC: Nov 2013
Position: 7th green

Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
Or some other dynamic may come into play sight unseen, we shall see how many of of the senior folk migrate over, I know 15 year guys who have their apps out with the legacies and big freight, a lot of them are prior 121, this hiring boom will lift all boats. In the meantime, life goes on one leg at a time in the mighty XL from sea to shining sea in 1.5 increments : )
Exactly. At my 121 carrier over the last 25 years upgrade went from 2 years to 5 years when the managers were predicting 3 year upgrade. Then Age 65 and 9/11 came along and the upgrade was up around 15 years. Even with all the hiring and guys punching out its still around 9-10 years.

Originally Posted by 727C47 View Post
...this hiring boom will lift all boats. In the meantime, life goes on one leg at a time in the mighty XL from sea to shining sea in 1.5 increments : )
Amen. I honestly hope EVERY NJ pilot who wants to move on gets the opportunity.

Originally Posted by howardhughes8 View Post
Well, for the vast majority of our fleet, if you like 4-5 legs a day, 11-13 hour days, close to min rest EVERYDAY, then you will probably like it here. Oh, and diminishing quality of Hotels.
Some people enjoy flying airplanes. Some people want to sit in a tube for 13 hours and count their money. To each his own.

If every layover is min rest, do you even notice the quality of the hotel? Just asking.