View Single Post
Old 01-20-2015, 07:53 AM
snippercr
Does NOT get weekends off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: ERJ - 145

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I don't see how Envoy is going to turn into an upgrade mill and it seems likely Envoy will be in full-blown crisis mode within 6 months depending on how fast they plan to shrink.
It will eventually but just not in any of our time here at eagle. While a lot of people claim management only looks at THIS quarter, this whole agreement process has showed that they really have a long term plan they want to work on. It's not a SPECIFIC plan like 117 airplanes at this carrier, 54 airplanes at the other carrier, etc but more a generic plan and strategy.

There is no movement at eagle because as we shrink we are flowing and attriting people from all ranks while not hiring YET havent furloughed anyone.

Once we reach the size they want us to (68 145s + 40 175s = 108 or ~1500 pilots) the flow will finally cause movement and lower upgrade time, especially as growth at other carriers stops (PSA namely) they will stop acting as a pilot magnet. This has been the plan all along to have envoy act as the direct entry method to AA all the way from cradle to grave - you sign up as a pipeline instructor, you instruct, go to envoy, go to AA. All on 1 interview.

Again, this is not a 6 month plan - this is the 10 year plan so no, no one here will ever see a "fast" upgrade so I guess my entire point is moot.