Thread: Tool of the day
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2015, 06:22 AM
MikeF16
Otto

Joined APC: Jul 2013
Position: Turkish Pile Driver

Originally Posted by Justdoinmyjob View Post
Buying beers doesn"t fix the fact that the captain pulled a johnson move. I sure as hell would have told him too.

As others have said, reserve is reserve. That's just the way it is. Once on a trip, there is an implied obligation to make it an easy trip for each other. Don't be "that" guy.

And I certainly hope that it doesn't take a couple of years for you. As the Gunny said to me in another life, "Sir, you are new here. I know you got lots of ideas on how to do things, and all that %^$# they taught you in OCS, but just keep your mouth shut, and your eyes and ears open. Before you know it, you'll know it."
jj
From your postings, you seem to be a squared away guy. When I finally decide between M88 and 717 captain, I look forward to flying with you. (You're on the 717, right?)
Thanks for your reply. I much prefer to make mistakes and look like a tool here than in the real world. While I have a strong morale base and have certain principles I won't violate, I'm a blank slate when it comes to the do's and don'ts of airline life. I'll throw out and idea such as this based off some basic logic and zero experience but am not afraid to change my opinion based on rational arguments.

As for being squared away, thanks . I've done very little to hide my identity here, any DAL pilot if so inclined could look at my posts and probably figure out exactly who I am RL. I try to be respectful and talk to people here as if I was speaking to them in person.

And yes, I'm on the 717.