Old 01-22-2015, 05:33 PM
Skubajet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
My belief is that should this be voted down, Parker will not reengage with APA for negotiations prior to arbitration. In fact, I prefer NOT to negotiate at that point. I would rather complete arbitration and maintain the present Green Book and proceed forward gaining our large raises in 2016 and ride the coat tails of Delta pilots, whatever that may offer. There is an outside chance the arbitrators could offer mediation during the hearing phase though and Parker might accept that believing a slightly sweeter offer would get him home.

Apparently, Parker has a different idea then the employees what good labor relations are and he believes he can get his "wants" by paying what HE wants to pay. What he doesn't want and what the BOD doesn't want is labor uncertainty going forward and just after the time we get squared away with near Delta rates in 2016 and what's left of the Green Book intact, we'll be in a better place to sit down and talk turkey instead of being in our present knee-knocking position of fear or glassy-eyed stare of quick (but tainted) ca$h.
I disagree. I personally feel that DP won't cave in to the pilots wants to prove that he won't cave to APA. Watch confessions of a union buster. Its about control...that what's important..not keeping pilots happy. If he gives us everything we want, we win and he is too smart for that to happen.

Everyone blames APA for not being united. That may be part if it but bottom line is our management is the elephant in the room. Delta wouldn't have the contract they have if it weren't for Anderson and his philosophy on happy employees = successful airline.

IMHO, its way to risky to chance losing the 1.7B.An extra 100k over 5 yeArs pays my kids college education or will be worth north of 500k after years in investments. Get the payrates now since its a sure thing and and slowly work at getting work rules back.