Old 01-22-2015, 06:28 PM
Skubajet
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Oct 2011

Originally Posted by eaglefly View Post
I keep hearing the "live to fight another day" argument with a yes vote, but so far nobody can put forth a viable plan. If our pay is still the cheapest in 2020 and Parker has everything but LTD and scope, just how do we get anything back ?

He's just going to demand another quid pro quo like this time expecting us to give those up to match Delta rates again, so we will not be gaining anything, just losing more to pay for the next pay raise. The other option if we balk will be to just kick the can for years. That works for Parker too as we'll be the cheapest in 2020.

In reality, we're really committing Seppuku by ratifying this TA. I guess if people understand that and prefer the short-term gratification then we will have to live with what we have now or even less in the future. Thankfully, the next deal (if it ever comes) will be my last and the yes voters of today who will still be around then will have to figure out their strategy. I don't envy them, that's for sure.
To answer your question, its once he retires and we get a new CEO. Look at the companies that have the best contracts...dal SWA...ual..and I was told they got what they got to keep the peace. But it has mostly to do with management. I really think the vote right now - its about risk. I personally as well as most AA pilots are not willing to risk losing 1.7B....especially with the management at the wheel with the track record they have. Its an unfortunate reality.