Thread: Trans States

flyingreasemnky , 01-25-2015 08:06 AM
Gets Weekends Off
flyingreasemnky
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Aug 2006
Quote: Maybe he is talking about losing block or better for that day when a leg is cancelled. But we do in fact get paid for the cancelled leg. Which reminds me, can you quote your MOU or LOA regarding the CQFO?
So what Expressjet has is duty day guarantee and not leg by leg cancellation pay. At Trans States if you cancel, you do not lose your block or better for the day because it is real leg by leg cancellation pay.

Here is what Leg by Leg Cancellation pay reads like:

TSA CBA Section 3:
"F. Cancellation Pay

On a leg-by-leg basis, a regular or build-up pilot who has a trip, or portion thereof, cancelled or involuntarily removed from his schedule after the publication of the Final Master for any reason other than his own illness, injury, leave of absence, retirement, training failure or delay, suspension, termination or failure to report, will be paid and credited his actual flight pay hours or scheduled flight pay hours, whichever is greater. If a premium leg is removed or canceled, except for the reasons listed above, the pilot will receive premium pay and credit for the scheduled flight pay hours for that leg. For purposes of this paragraph, “schedule” includes all trips for which a pilot is responsible regardless of the method by which he is assigned or awarded the trip. Once a trip is assigned, it is part of a pilot’s schedule."

There is no MOU or LOA for Captain Qualified First Officer as it is in the CBA. Below is an excerpt from the CBA. I have already posted in regards to the compensation but here is a link to it: http://www.airlinepilotforums.com/re...ml#post1779929

TSA CBA Section 24:
"H. Captain Qualified First Officer (“CQFO”)

1. The Company shall meet with the Association and discuss staffing requirements prior to hiring CQFOs rather than filling vacancies from the seniority list.

2. The Company will continue to train (upgrade and transition) qualified pilots at a minimum of one percent (1%) of pilots in the aircraft fleet or four (4) pilots, whichever is greater, per training class with a minimum of one (1) training class per calendar quarter with an overall minimum of six (6) training classes per calendar year until such time as all the CQFOs have been returned to bidding for first officer lines of flying.

3. Any qualified pilot held in his position due to the hiring of a CQFO shall be entitled to the protections in paragraph I., below.

I. When a qualified pilot is bypassed for a vacancy award due to the operational needs of the Company, the bypassed pilot shall be paid and credited based on the rate of pay of the bypassed position and the credit he actually earns. No bypass shall exceed six (6) months. A bypass shall be considered to begin on the sixtieth (60th) day after the commencement of the class in question."