View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 05:45 AM
fdxbusdriver
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Aug 2006
Position: Retired

Originally Posted by OliveBrnch90210 View Post
LG,,just ask FdxBusdriver,,,if he can quit laughing for a minute. He must be the resident IT expert,,,,
Sorry if I offended but I wasn't laughing at you, just at your examples. And far from an expert, I understand the difference in how software/web interfaces are written. Also I recognize that just because what the user sees is purty doesn't mean that the code underneath is written well - or encompasses all the options needed by the users. You probably haven't read http://netcooties.blogspot.com/2007/...ites-care.html
about yahoo (and that only represents one example at yahoo) and AOL ....well, let's just say it's the USA Today of the computing world - looks OK but low on substance (AOL also changes settings on your computer so as to disable other things which you might actually need while not on AOL). So, they need to fix the underlying code, not necessarily fix the interface. In their defense, it's very difficult to take into consideration and code for every permutation of what crewmembers do with their deviation expenses. But like many software engineers, they never talk to the end user and they only code to the specs given to them by their managers - who are rarely end users.