View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 10:01 PM
NoSidNoStar
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2014

Originally Posted by bcrosier View Post
Touche'. The search fu is strong in this one...

If I missed the hyperbole in your statement I must apologize, but while I truly despise graffiti "artists," I wouldn't seriously entreat that homicide was a viable solution (caning on the other hand...); I did not detect that tone in your post, and again if I missed it I must indeed proffer my mea culpa.

To claim that someone is "occupying someone's else spot and should leave right now," to me is the height of foolishness. I work for Myself Amalgamated Worldwide Industries (a J. Galt Company). I provide my services to whoever I believe provides the best return for my time and efforts in both tangible and intangible assets. I obtained that position in the marketplace of free enterprise by presenting my goods and services in a manner which those who have engaged my services believed that the nexus of our joint purposes would result in a net gain for their organization. I have done this in the corporate and airline aviation sphere, and see benefits to both - which is preferable is very much a function of one's individuals priorities. If someone else wanted my spot, it was incumbent on them to present themselves more prepared for the opportunity than I did at the time; their failure to do so or my ultimate objective to aspire to a different position in no way shape or form entitles them to my position, neither does it in anyway reduce the legitimacy of my obtaining and maintaining that position.

I have never entered into any sort of training bond or contract which I did not intend to fulfill (and I have fulfilled all of them into which I have entered). That said, if an employer is truly interested in retaining employees long term, it is incumbent on that employer to provide terms and conditions (not including said training contracts or bonds) which entice employees to remain in their state of employ. The failure of the employer to do so in no way impairs the legitimacy of the employee to engage and profit from that position, nor to ultimately utilize that position to advance themselves to a position they find more advantageous; neither does it entitle someone else to that position even though said position might be their ultimate aspiration.

Hence the umbrage I take at your statement - if the poster and the employer have arrived at a position where for the time being each finds the others requirements a reasonable exchange, then it is utter foolishness to claim that the poster is "occupying someone else's spot." Otherwise, perhaps you are occupying a spot I am entitled to, and so on - it's pure entitlement nonsense which I simply cannot abide.
But we are not talking about preparation here, we are talking about lying about someone's true intentions. Lying to very specific questions. I consider that cheating. And if someone cheated, in my point if view, he deprived someone else of the opportunity to win.
Exaggeration? May be
But that is why in the past I quit jobs, did not accept others, and busted interviews. I say what I think, because I despite falsity, even during a job interview. I see it as an interview both ways.
And if I would need to lie it just means I would not fit the culture.
Call me crazy.
At the current moment, I won't trade the poster position for mine, I don't have a direct beef with his accomplishments. Just with the principal.
And as far as everyone has his priorities...really?
Can we stop stating the obvious once and for all?
Because when we state the obvious, we are either assuming that our interlocutors are imbeciles, we are committing the sin of futility, or we are just making conveniently small talk.