View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 05:22 PM
whiskeyhatch
On Reserve

Joined APC: Jan 2015
Position: THE Super 80

Originally Posted by Wiskey Driver View Post
I think I would feel better with a no vote if this place had unity. There is no real unity here. A unified pilot group would be able to send the message that most here feel needs to be sent. The fractured group allows management to play the 50% plus 1 game and should they fail they would feel comfortable falling back on the MTA rates.

Now should this thing fail by a large margin it would send a very different message to our management, one where the group could in fact get some other items. The fact that we a so fractured here really weakens us as a whole and not until we become a more unified group will we ever be able to strike fear into the hearts of management.

WD at AWA

Then please don't throw your hands up and become a part of the problem. I think that there's more unity than you might think. I've seen the same name calling and mud slinging that you have but I won't let that define my union as a whole. This JCBA was passed to the pilot group by a vote of what, 12-10? So, this JCBA gets 2.5 out of 5 stars? If I were shopping on Amazon, I probably wouldn't buy Anything rated 2.5 out of 5 stars to run my life, much less vacuum my floors or toast my bread! Furthermore, if I understand correctly, 8 of those 12 are ultimately voting No against this debacle. What does that say? Let us give Slick PK their wants when they can balance it with what we are Worth! With all due respect, my brother.