View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 06:11 PM
Dave Fitzgerald
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Mar 2012
Position: 777

Originally Posted by Saabs View Post
Who cares how much we made at AAL? Y'all's current contract is much better than this turd we are voting on and you will continue to make more $$ than us.
Couple of things. Yes, we complain, yes we work for an incredibly inept management, despite what you may think, no I'm not complaining about profit sharing. I view that as a bonus--great if I get it, but I'm not holding my breath. The incredibly paltry sum of 4th quarter earnings, even including the fuel hedge debacle, (yet again,) has me worried that our company won't survive the next downturn. Yes, we are pathetic, and no I'm not an alarmist that comes on here for 10 minutes despite what some may think. Folks, like, Mako, I'm here for the long haul.

Second, I'm sure that one of the reasons AA is doing so well is they have a great number of our former premier passengers, enabling record profits. P**** e'm off and they'll run away in droves.

Third, Unless you work here, anyone on the outside could not possibly comprehend the astonishing incompetence of our management, starting at the top. Yes, the board is doing nothing to change it. That makes it all the more alarming. Embrace the suck, it's here to stay. Can I make it to retirement? It's starting to look like a long shot.

Fourth, "Operations at AA are probably better. There is more to an "operation" than a pilot contract; conceding that United's contract in better than AA's.

AA has better on time performance and better financial performance.
Ignore the facts if you want, they wont change."

AA seems capable of learning from our mistakes. I do foresee some missteps, but in general I do not see them committing the magnitude of incompetence we have seen. That scares me, and should scare our CEO and board. If they are doing this well without the merger complete, they will be a force to recon with for a long time. Time I'm not sure we at UAL have.

Yes and yes. We at UAL are not here to compete or provide a reasonable product or service to our customers, we are here to pay management and board bonuses. Comparable to AA operations, not yet, as was pointed out. APA and new parts, have been over a decade without a modern contract, and the differences are great. However, I'm guessing those differences do not add up to a $1.4B.

We most definitely and assuredly suck.