Old 01-28-2015, 05:37 AM
b73nav8r
Line Holder

Joined APC: Dec 2008
Position: Capt

Originally Posted by AB YZS View Post
I don't see ANY downturn in voting NO for this POS. We will all receive big raises in a few short months. Also, the company asks are worth a lot and that is good for us to vote NO. Read all the material and have the understanding that Anderson is watching VERY closely. This will help us going forward. Say YES now and we're all screwed for possibly the rest of our careers. Say NO now and you will gain much much more in the very near future - a few short months.
Far be it for me a Delta guy to tell you how to vote and what to do. I will say that one of the things that's always impressed me about the American pilots is that they have never shied away from a fight. When management had your contract tossed in BK you had them begging you to come back to the table after the operations fell apart with delays and write ups. Clearly that situation worked and a new deal was struck. I believe you still have that power. Labor peace is now at the forefront of managements agenda. Why did Dougweiser throw the FA's a bone with the last minute gift of $ after arbitration? They want FA's that aren't as unhappy as they were before.

I can't remember a time when the Delta pilots last voted down a TA and sent it back even though IMHO there were times we should have. Looking at your recent mammoth earnings you may want to send this one back, roll the dice, and try to get Profit Sharing + pay rates. Our PS was %16.4 of our eligible W2 for 2014 (doesn't include ps payment from 2013). Some people estimate that it will be between %20 to %25 for 2015. Before Parker can get American running on all cylinders he needs the pilots on board. You were successful in the past while holding out for a better deal and I think you will be this time as well. JMHO. However you all vote, good luck.

Tom