Thread: Jumpseating
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2006, 04:06 PM
B757200ER
AAmerican Way for AA Pay

Joined APC: Oct 2005
Position: B-737 Pilot

Originally Posted by FlyByWire
It is not the Jumpseat coordinators that say yes or no it is the captains final decision. This is the grass roots effort. When the Jumpseat coordinators starts to see this shift it will be the form of an official letter. It is not that far along yet NO, I give you that, but it will be in good time. NWA has the largest group of Captains doing this now with Delta a close second. UAL is a bit behind now, but eventually they will move with it. Just wait till the end of the year, this effort was just started in November 2005.
What 'effort', FlyByWire? Using the jumpseat as a political tool? Discriminating against fellow pilots who must commute because you don't like their airline?

I've been an ALPA Jumpseat Chairman and would NEVER, EVER endorse a so-called 'grass-roots effort' to deny jumpseats to pilots of an airline I had signed a reciprocal agreement with. It is UNprofessional and extremely risky, and may well backfire eventually.

Why are JetBlue pilots being singled out and denied j/s? JetBlue has a STELLAR reputation, in the legacy of TWA, Eastern, RenoAir, Piedmont, USAir, for getting nonrevs and jumpseaters onboard. They NEVER leave anyone behind until all seats are full. Why the hassle?