View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 03:53 PM
RedeyeAV8r
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jan 2006

Originally Posted by PurpleTail View Post
Ok, just thought I'd throw this one out there for everyone to chew on and chime in with there thoughts...

We all know that living and being based in Paris or Hong Kong would warrant extra pay to adjust for the cost of living in two of the most expensive cities in the world...but how much more?

Last night at dinner the 'word on the street' is the adjustments has been agreed upon by union&company and it is an additional $2,700 a month. I thought that seemed a bit on the low side and we might have some junior guys jump on it but when you factor everything else in it looks like a pay cut to me (depending on where you live of course). Housing, food and transporatation cost can add up quick and I have no idea what the tax implications are...

Thoughts??? (I know, stupid question)
One thing everyone must keep in mind. Under this contract, MGT can open HKG or CDG or anywhere else for that matter without any say from the UNION at all.

In other words this contract already permits MGT to open another FDA. All they have to do is POST for it in a new standing BID and I believe any FDA standing BID takes 45 days to close. All the company is required to do is POST it and to pay the FDA move package. The UNION doesn't have a whole lot of leverage to Demand, they can request.