atpwannabe
Gets Weekends Off
close
  • Joined APC
    Jan 2006
  • Position
    Student Pilot
I guess I'll throw my .02 in.

Just as others have mentioned, first and foremost, take care of the warrants. They are not going away. IMO, if you have not had any legal entanglements since the CSE warrant and you do go ahead and satisfy the requirements of both, with time, you should be able to get medically certified to pursue a flying career. At what level...well "that's a horse of a different color". Also, I'm assuming that having a dispatcher license doesn't requirement medical certification.

As one poster pointed out, you do sound unrepentant about your actions/behavior. I guess it's subjective. A domestic violence conviction is a serious crime. In most states, once you touch someone, no matter how slight, it's domestic violence. Period. As far as the child support, if you can prove that you've been giving the mother of your child money....you're good. My hope for you is that you have.

Finally, I firmly believe that your biggest hurdle is going to be convincing a potential employer, let alone the FAA, that you are a RESPONSIBLE person. As it looks now....I don't think so.

atp