View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 06:20 AM
Probe
Don't say Guppy

Joined APC: Dec 2010
Position: Guppy driver

Originally Posted by CousinEddie View Post
What Dave is pointing out, which is indisputable, is that our financial and operational performance metrics are significantly lagging that of our competitors. Senior management has admitted this, and all we can hope is that the gaps are soon closed. Will it happen? Maybe, maybe not. We will have to wait and see. If you are comfortable with where we are at right now, then you are a fool.

I've got too many years in to bother moving on. I'm sure you've met some lifer Captain types at Jetlink that feel the same way. By the way, I don't want this company to simply limp along until I am "done" with it only to ultimately fail. I sincerely hope that every half-winger has a more stable and lucrative career than I have had. Our current state of mediocrity puts us all at an elevated risk level.
Couldn't agree more. The current state of UAL is worse than I ever seen. I am a 95 hire, and don't want to start over at another carrier. I am starting the process to go back to flying contracts. I don't think anybody has a great career expectation here, and I am putting my future where my mouth is.

I cannot effect change at UAL. I can only effect change in my life.