View Single Post
Old 01-29-2015, 10:15 AM
shiznit
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Feb 2009
Position: right for a long, long time

Originally Posted by Big E 757 View Post
Shiz, that was not douchebaggery. He is ABSOLUTELY, 100% right! How did we all get so conditioned to horse trade everything? You want a raise? We want less sick usage. Screw that! We will never again in our careers, yours included, find everything so perfectly aligned and timed to negotiate a historic contract. Why do we feel we are going to have to sacrifice anything?

Now, having said that, I did like your last suggestion on sick leave, we gain some and the company gains a little. Whatever happens, we have to make sure it doesn't encourage anyone to fly while sick though.
I'm with you on making sure whatever system we have does not encourage flying sick... That is a QOL issue worth rejecting in a TA. (I've always been a QOL over money kind of person).

But yeah, it was douchebaggery. Straight up.

FTB and I don't always agree on things, but we don't resort to hurling trite and insulting comments.

The "not douchebaggery" response would have looked like this:
Originally Posted by boog123 View Post
Originally Posted by forgot to bid View Post
Shiz,let me throw this in the pot. Someone mentioned here being able to trade sick hours as a paid apd for qualified personal drop such as a family medical issue (sick or hospitalized kid, spouse, etc). Something that's verifiable and approved but doesn't meet the definition of you being the one that is sick.
Hey guys, take a sec and think about what you're writing.. We are in the most profitable time in the airlines history with no end in sight, debt down by 50-70% and we need to make sure if we are going to put up ideas, that they aren't regressive or concessionary. I think there are parts of what you propose that would not be a benefit to the pilot group, so maybe rethink using our (already too limiting in my opinion) sick leave provisions to cover a Company paid APD. You know Delta used to have that, it would be one more step towards restoration!

Don't confuse change for improvement, we need to all work together to make sure we don't get "cost neutral" solutions to managements problems, we always want to see small and large strides of improvement and restoration.
Instead, we got this barfed up at fellow Delta Pilots:
Originally Posted by boog123 View Post
Just AWESOME. Most profitable time in the airlines history with no end in sight, debt down by 50-70% and you guys are taking about concessions!

No wonder we get "cost neutral" contracts.