Old 01-29-2015, 12:21 PM
FamilyATM
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: Jul 2007
Position: Captain

I am in total agreement with Tony concerning this matter. I also attended yesterday's joint council meeting and the Block 11 reps response to Tony's questions were a joke. I thought I was listing to reruns of the Watergate hearings... On the advice of council I can not comment....please give us a break. First off, this Art 8 filing is not common but it is also not abnormal. Secondly, it is an administrative matter not a criminal matter. It is the first we have had here at FedEx that I'm aware of. So most members don't know what to make of it. Thirdly,now that the Art 8 has been filed it is offical Union business and we have a right to know. I fault the MEC leadership for not getting out in front of this and keeping the membership informed.

Now that it has been filed we must all wait for this administrative matter to conclude.For us, the membership, we must stay laser focused on the contract and how management is dealing with us. We must also hold the MEC acountable for how they work with us and for us. There is more to being a member than just "staying informed". If you are unhappy about how this played out, talk with your block and find out how to make positive changes.

In unity, the ATM