Thread: jetBlue Hiring
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2015, 06:06 AM
Papa Bear
Gets Weekends Off

Joined APC: May 2014
Position: A320 CA

Originally Posted by dontsurf View Post
okay, the 1/27/15 interview session has been rescheduled for 2/10/15. I have the 8:30am slot. I will of course post details. i'm very excited about this opportunity. hopefully no blizzard (or potential blizzard) will mess me up this time! good luck to everyone who will be there that day. I look forward to meeting everyone.

just to review, i'm a regional captain, about 7200tt, 4100t-pic, flew 600+ hours in the past year, no internal recs and I don't even know any jetblue pilots, other than an asst chief pilot I had in my jumpseat a few months ago (who I obviously did not put down as a reference or anything). I don't know what caused them to call me, but i'm glad they did! I really don't want to go anywhere else. i'm 45 and I've got 20 years of a career left and i'd really like to spend it at jetblue.
I would try hard to find one guy/gal?
We are as pilots separated by three degrees...
If you can't what I did is... I used internal letters from my old job. I used my internal Check Airmen LOR, one of my FOs wrote me a LOR and a letter from DO at the time. I think you can have three still? Show the person going through your file who has never met you the many sides to your personality...my 2cents.
Interview is a lot of fun meeting everyone just relax and be yourself.